- Department / Function
- Regents Park Road
- Contract Type
- Working Pattern
- Job Advert Description
About the role
The Technologist will focus on ensuring excellent levels of compliance against legal, internal and customer quality systems requirements. Working within a supportive team of technologists, this person will work with both supplier and customer interfaces, to ensure that all specifications and labels/artwork within their remit are approved and managed to high standard. They will work across our supply base managing initiatives such as SEDEX and our Organics registration and Certification.
In addition, this role is pivotal around the development and improvement of our internal quality systems, including HACCP and TACCP, building from a strong base, and in leading the project work towards the achievement of BRC for Agents and Brokers in 2020.
There is scope to learn and develop skills on all aspects of quality management in wine, within this close knit specialist team
By ensuring excellent due diligence procedures, Bidendum will inspire confidence in both customers and suppliers, proving we strive for technical excellence and can be trusted as a preferred partner.
Key Tasks and Accountability
- Development of BRC for Agents and Brokers for the Bibendum business: targetting accrediation level stage for late Spring 2020
- Systems developer for internal QA systems, and on process development, working with buying team for on trade offering
- Sign off and legal compliance on all labels , primarily off trade accounts .
- Specification support work on bulk specifications as needed
- Complaince management on Organics and Sedex register
- Legal and compliance advisor and investigator for team .
- General support for the Head of Technical as needed
- BRC/ HACCP preparation
- Experience and QA / TFMS systems building experience
- Food Tech qualification/ degree level ideally, skills in specification work with food / drink off trade accounts
- Preferable legal compliance work and strong administrative capabilities
- You'll also have influencing skills, tenacity, good time and project management skills,
- You'll to be a self starter, a calm team player.
- Wine training can be provided.
What we offer
This is a place for people who enjoy the buzz of constant change. We offer a range of excellent benefits as well as great on-site facilities. You can expect:
We offer a competitive salary along with a range of excellent benefits and great on-site facilities:
- 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays) - with the option to buy additional holiday
- A Contributory Pension Scheme
- A Discretionary Bonus Scheme and Share Incentive Plan (subject to eligibility)
- Life Assurance
- Private Healthcare Cover (after 1 year’s service)
- A modern, open plan office close to beautiful Primrose Hill
- Full job description