National Account Manager - Off Trade - PLB
- Department / Function
- Contract Type
- Working Pattern
- Job Advert Description
We are proud to service and sell a fantastic portfolio of brands and customer own label solutions to the UK off trade. We service some of the largest retailers and are looking to expand our team.
- Developing a business plan implementing this in your account base.
- Regular store visits and audits to ensure you have an in depth knowledge of your customer’s range, promo mechanics, POS etc.
- Regular reviews of ranges utilising category insight and market trend data to provide market leading category understanding as standard
- Promotional proposals and review in line with the annual plan.
- Reviewing sales reports and negotiating corrective action with your accounts to ensure that you track in line with budget.
- Reviewing weekly logistics reports to monitor stocks/sales of all lines and ensure best in class service levels.
- Achieve the budgeted volume and margins in each respective account
- Deliver on supplier and branded objectives within your accounts
- Preparing and following up on quotes/samples
- Build and develop customer relationships at buyer level in the account
- Visiting suppliers with customers where required to include in depth preparation and follow-up
- Management of pricing for loading internally and robust accrual management
- Buying – engagement with all buyers, technical and supplier management team
- Marketing – consumer and market insights plus brand and customer marketing team
- Finance – commercial finance close relationship and regular dialogue with credit control team.
- Operations – weekly joint review meetings and regular contact to ensure a high level of customer service is achieved.
- Customer buyers - main contact for buying function in your customer
- Winemakers – dialogue with customer winemaker in order to sign off blends
- Network of other contacts as necessary within your customer to ensure high levels of service
- Suppliers – interaction with supply base to develop customer propositions and execute plans in market.
KNOWLEDGE/ EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS
- Demonstrable, developed analytical skills
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and prioritise effectively
- Good negotiation and sales skills
- Highly organised and efficient
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, confident, professional and conscientious
- Ambitions to grow and develop within a rapidly expanding business
- Exceptional Team Player
- Knowledge of the global wine market and the supply base
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Excellent Mathematical skills
- Strong knowledge of wine and the wine category
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION
- Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Higher level
- Driving license
- Honours degree
- WSET Diploma
TECHNICAL/ BEHAVIOURAL/ PERSONAL COMPETENCIES
- Strong interpersonal influencing competency
- Receptive to new ideas and ability to act on initiative
- Strong character in order to deal with complex situations with retail buyers
- Very able to manage confrontation well (face to face or on the phone)
- Good at problem solving
- Diligent and meticulous
- Attention to detail
- Full job description
- Closing Date
- Tuesday 22nd January 2019