Senior National Account Manager - Off Trade Wines - PLB
- Department / Function
- Contract Type
- Working Pattern
- Job Advert Description
We are proud to service and sell a fantastic portfolio of brands and customer own label solutions to the UK off trade. We service some of the largest retailers and are looking to expand our team.
Senior National Account Manager has full P & L responsibility for our client's business, delivering targeted profit and sales deliverables.
- Developing and executing a business plan with the client's business
- Networking across a number of stakeholders in the client's business including buyers, technical managers, range planners, project managers and senior team members.
- Managing, coaching and developing a national account manager on the account and account executive (shared resource)
- Regular reviews of ranges utilising category insight and market trend data to provide market leading category understanding as standard
- Developing wine product solutions and presenting branded propositions, working in conjunction with marketing
- Reviewing sales reports, planning and negotiating corrective action with your team and the account to ensure that you track in line with budget.
- Reviewing weekly logistics reports to monitor stocks/sales of all lines and ensure best in class service levels.
- Visiting suppliers with customers where required to include in depth preparation and follow-up
- Ensuring that you and your team follow the agreed ways of working and processes in the business unit
- Sales Director
- Buying – engagement with all buyers, technical and supplier management team
- Marketing – Insights and marketing teams
- Finance – commercial finance close relationship and regular dialogue with credit control team.
- Operations – weekly joint review meetings and regular contact to ensure a high level of customer service is achieved.
- Customer buyers - main contact for buying function in your customer
- Winemakers – dialogue with customer winemaker in order to sign off blends
- Network of other contacts as necessary within your customer to ensure high levels of service
- Suppliers/producers/brand owners – interaction with supply base to develop customer propositions and execute plans in market.
- Demonstrable, developed analytical skills
- Strong people management, coaching and development skills
- Ability to prioritise effectively
- Good negotiation and sales skills
- Highly organised and efficient
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, confident, professional and conscientious
- Ambitions to grow and develop within a rapidly expanding business
- Exceptional Team Player
- Demonstratable ability to develop strong relationships and credibility with the buying team and category manager
- Considerable FMCG National Account Management
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Strong knowledge of commercial wine and the wine category
Professional Qualifications and Education
- Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Higher level
- Honours degree
- WSET Diploma
- Full job description
- Closing Date
- Wednesday 23rd January 2019