Warehouse Team Leader - Lates
- Department / Function
- Shepton Mallet
- Contract Type
- Working Pattern
- Job Advert Description
Matthew Clark is the UK’s biggest wholesalers in the drinks industry. Our Logistics team operates on a regional basis with a focus on delivering a first class service to our customers. Come and join our team and you won’t just get great rewards, you’ll have every opportunity to move forward along with our fast-evolving business.
About the role
To work within the warehouse operations team to ensure that the day to day objectives of the operation are achieved in a timely and efficient manner.
Aid in the fostering a culture of continuous improvement and encouraging a ‘can do’ approach to all challenges.
What you'll do
- Assist the Shift Manager to ensure that inventory is put away, picked checked and loaded in an efficient and effective manner, complying with all appropriate Sop’s to meet customer service and KPI targets as part of the team.
- To constantly monitor levels of efficiency (KPI’s) identifying areas for continuous improvement.
- Ensure the fair and equal distribution of the allocation of tasks is maintained.
- Ensure all team members have an individual development plan through daily monitoring of their performance including regular ‘one-to-one’s’.
- Ensure all equipment (including property, vehicles, mechanical handling equipment and racking) is operated in a safe and effective manner, with cognisance of any statutory requirements, and in accordance with Company Policy.
- To ensure that all activities undertaken within the operation comply with the relevant Health & Safety and Fire regulations.
- Ensure all equipment (property, vehicles, mechanical handling equipment and racking is operated in a safe and effective manner and in good order and carry out daily/weekly checks in line with Company/ Health & safety policy.
- Ensure that the Stock & Inventory Control team are informed of all stock variances and breakage’s in a timely manner.
- To assist in perpetual inventory checks as per Standard Operating Procedure.
- To assist the Stock & Inventory Control team in stocktaking as per SOP.
- To ensure that excellent standards of housekeeping are maintained across the site at all times.
For full details, please see job description
What we offer
This is a place for people who enjoy the buzz of constant change. We offer a range of excellent benefits as well as great on-site facilities. You can expect:
- 33 days’ holiday (including bank holidays) - with the option to buy a further week
- Bonuses – personal and company performance
- Pension scheme
- Health insurance
- Life assurance, plus access to staff sales, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme, and a whole lot more!
- Full job description