Senior Transport Controller
- Department / Function
- Contract Type
- Working Pattern
- Job Advert Description
- To identify areas of development and investment within the team to ensure we have the correct skill set and pipeline within the department to meet the demands of our customers through training and strong leadership inline with our strategic goals.
- Strategically plan resource and equipment for both the core business and other activities to ensure the best possible service offering to our customers.
- To ensure we are legally compliant with the operator’s licence restrictions for the site, with specific focus on load restraints and vehicle road worthiness.
- If required, undertake Transport planning on a daily basis to ensure that the appropriate fleet is deployed to meet customer service requirements.
- Assign work to the drivers and mates (if required), maximising both vehicle and manpower utilisation. Follow up on actual driver & mate performance and take corrective action as required.
- Ensure drivers and mates adhere to best practice and the relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), using them to plan and lead working practices.
- To regularly review delivery routes to identify improvements to customer service whilst minimising costs of delivery.
- To complete processing of pick lists, despatch notes and load sheets in accordance with depot procedures
- To carry out suitable Induction & H&S training for all new entrants & refresher training, as required, for all existing staff.
- To ensure that a comprehensive program of training is identified & implemented to meet all existing H&S requirements.
- To manage a program that provides realistic & suitable H&S drop risk assessments (DRAs) for all customer’s outlets & make recommendations as to any action required to reduce risks to MC delivery crews.
- To ensure that all drivers and mates are fully aware of and comply with all relevant Health & Safety and Fire regulations.
- To ensure that all vehicles and associated equipment are operated in the appropriate and safe manner and check that all vehicles that have had defects, are actioned in a timely manner. Raise Purchase Orders (POs) for repairs, as required and is appropriate.
- Prepare driver tachographs for monthly analysis and ensure MC drivers work within all Legal requirements of Drivers Hours & Working time Directives.
- ·Ensure that all transport statistics are produced in a timely fashion for internal and external consumption.
- To debrief all drivers on a daily basis checking that all paperwork has been returned and completed with in depot guide lines and to compile errors on a daily basis.
- To communicate to all crews on a regular basis and act as the first point of contact for all drivers and mates, ensuring a speedy response and resolution to any issues, referring to the Depot Manager where appropriate.
- To monitor and take appropriate action with regard to high levels of sickness/absence.
- To carry out investigations and/or disciplinary hearings as and when required.
- Monitior, maintain and manage Smartdrive information.
- Deputise for the Transport Manager
- Stock breakages
- Company & Depot standard KPI
What we offer
- We offer a competitive salary along with a range of excellent benefits:
- 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays) - with the option to buy a further week
- A Contributory Pension Scheme
- A Discretionary Bonus Scheme and Share Incentive Plan (subject to eligibility)
- Life Assurance
- A benefits scheme offering childcare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme, an employee assistance programme, retail & leisure savings, and lots more!
We work with some fantastic people, we’re passionate about what we do and we have some fun along the way! Join us and you could have a career for life. If this all resonates with you, then we’d love to hear from you.
Matthew Clark is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Full job description