Bulk Manufacturing Team Leader - Bibendum
- Department / Function
- Supply Chain
- Contract Type
- Working Pattern
- Job Advert Description
We have an exciting new opportunity available to head up the team who are responsible for planning the import of bulk wine through to arranging production at one of our bottling partners.
In this role, you will be leading a small team consisting of 3 Planners and an Administrator, with key stakeholders including sales teams, forecasting, our bottling partners and customers.
To lead the bulk manufacturing team, ensure KPI’s are delivered against, ensure day to day smooth running of the team ensuring our customers, internal and external are receiving the best service. Also able to support the team with planning scenarios and production prioritisation.
- Management of the production planning overview with our packers
- Ownership of the aged stock process
- Ownership of the dry goods overstock / obsolete process
- Oversee Sainsbury’s Co-pack contract
- Continuous improvement, both internal process and with Sainsbury’s
- Point of escalation for the Planners
- Identify training and development needs across the team
- Management of ad-hoc projects
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Strong understanding of supply chain management, Demand and Supply Planning and end to end knowledge of the supply chain
- Experience in dealing with a manufacturing facility, understanding of production complexities
- Strong communicator and experienced in customer facing interactions
- Highly numerate and high level Excel skills
- Experience of managing people
- Knowledge of importing
- Knowledge of wine
Bibendum was founded in 1982 by a group of wine-loving friends who started selling specialist wines to private clients and today operates as part of Matthew Clark Bibendum. Ask our employees to describe us, and they might tell you that Bibendum lives and breathes its customer and team focused values and is an award-winning company that ‘represents wine like no other company in the world’. Awarded with Investors In People (IIP) status, Bibendum is always on the lookout for great people who can join the team and who have the passion and skills to help us succeed.
What we offer
We offer a competitive salary along with a range of excellent benefits including:
- 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- The option to buy a further week’s holiday
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme (subject to eligibility)
- Life Assurance
- A benefits scheme offering vouchers, discounts and lots more
- Most importantly an excellent working environment with the opportunity to progress
Matthew Clark Bibendum is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Full job description